What Happens When When You Die Without a Will in California?

If one of your family members dies without a will, what happens to their estate? Can you control who receives which assets? What if the person is unmarrried or has dependent children? Read on to learn the answers to these questions and more.

Completing Financial Disclosures in California Divorce

Whether your divorce is contested or uncontested, at least one spouse will be required to complete financial disclosures. In this article, we describe the financial disclosure process and provide a reference list of everything each spouse must disclose. Read on to learn more.

What is a California Trust Restatement?

If you need to make changes to your living trust, you can either amend the original document or create a new document with a California trust restatement. Read on to learn more about when a restatement is advised, and the benefits of restating a living trust. Then, be sure to contact A People's Choice to learn how we can help.

How Divorce Affects Children: The Good and The Bad

Divorce affects every child differently. However, children with divorced parents oftentimes experience negative effects of the divorce. These negative effects may be manifested in poor social-emotional development or academic performance. Luckily, there are some positive effects of divorce on children. Read on to learn more.

How to Evict a Tenant in California

Learn how to evict a tenant in California and avoid unnecessary delays in the court process. While A People's Choice no longer offers legal document assistance for eviction or unlawful detainer court proceedings, we've provided a detailed guide for landlords looking to evict a tenant. From serving the preliminary notice to filing a civil lawsuit, going to trial, and scheduling a move out by the sheriff, we've covered it all here.

How to Obtain Conservatorship in California

Faced with the complex process of a California conservatorship? One of the first steps of obtaining conservatorship in California is understanding the process. Then, you must complete complicated petition documents. Need help with this step? Be sure to contact A People's Choice for low cost, attorney-free assistance.

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to our blog.