Changing Property Division in a California Divorce Agreement – Requirements and Statute on Limitations

Sometimes people sign divorce agreements on a whim simply to end their marriage as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, once these agreements become official judgments by the court, they cannot be changed. However, under certain rare circumstances, the court may agree to a modification in a property division provision from a divorce agreement.

By |2020-10-13T09:39:25-07:00October 13th, 2020|Divorce, Family Law|0 Comments

How to Resolve Mistakes Made by a Court Clerk

Sometimes, even the court system makes simple mistakes. Unfortunately, mistakes made by a court clerk, for example, can create serious difficulties. For example, receiving a $100,000 award in a judgment, but finding the clerk accidentally wrote in "$10,000" instead. How devastating! How can you fix this "slip of the pen" and receive the award to which you are entitled? Attempting to resolve mistakes made by a court clerk should be simple, but many people find it harder than they expect. A People's Choice can help you get those errors corrected in a swift, timely fashion.