How to Change a Child’s Name in California

There are many reasons a parent may want to change a child’s name. For example, a parent may want to change a child’s last name if there's been a divorce, a party has remarried or when there is a parent who is not involved. Sometimes a child simply hates the name their parent gave them at birth. Learn how A People's Choice can help you change a child's name in California.

By |2018-02-25T02:05:51-08:00February 4th, 2018|Name Change|4 Comments

How to Change Your Name in California

Each year, many people change their names in California. Name changes are quite simple and do not need the services of an attorney but the process is somewhat complex. With this in mind, filing a California name change is fairly simple and inexpensive if you use a legal document assistant with experience in name change [...]

By |2018-01-18T15:46:24-08:00March 25th, 2017|Name Change|0 Comments

Do I Need to Hire an Attorney?

People often are looking for inexpensive options to handle legal procedures and ask us "do I need to hire an attorney?" Hiring an attorney is a personal decision, however in many circumstances, the answer is  no.  Yes, there are complex legal issues that need the advice and experience of a seasoned licensed attorney. Likewise, there [...]

Paralegal vs Legal Document Assistant -Which One Do I Need?

You have been told by a friend to hire a paralegal to help you with your simple legal documents. Another friend says you need to hire a legal document assistant. You are now confused. What is the difference between a paralegal vs legal document assistant? A legal document assistant (LDA) is an experienced professional authorized [...]

By |2018-03-17T16:29:13-07:00June 18th, 2013|Legal Document Assistants, Miscellaneous|1 Comment