How Temporary Conservatorship in California Works

Have you ever wondered what would happen in someone close to you was involved in an accident that incapacitated them? How could you legally step in to help if they needed intensive treatment or were unable to manage their personal property? If you're in the Golden State, the best solution may be a temporary conservatorship [...]

Difference Between Power of Attorney and Conservatorship

Have you found yourself needing to care for a loved one who no longer can handle their own personal needs or finances? At A People’s Choice, we have helped California residents prepare power of attorneys or file a court conservatorship so they can handle the financial and medical desires of a loved one. But here's the problem. How do you know what process will give you the authority you need to handle your loved one's affairs? The following information is aimed at helping you understand the difference between power of attorney and conservatorship,

By |2021-02-23T08:03:20-08:00February 18th, 2021|Conservatorship, Estate Planning|6 Comments

How to Get an Adult Conservatorship in California

If you need to get an adult conservatorship in California, be aware that getting an adult conservatorship is a lengthy process. Although it is possible to ask for expedited temporary orders, in some situations, permanent orders can take between 6 to 12 months in California. The conservatee, the person who needs care, must be evaluated by a physician to determine their incapacity. The process primarily consists of filing legal documents with the court and making a few court appearances.

By |2020-08-25T09:52:26-07:00September 3rd, 2018|Conservatorship|Comments Off on How to Get an Adult Conservatorship in California