Every marital dissolution filed in California requires both the Petitioner and the Respondent to complete and file several forms prior to the divorce being finalized. From filing the initial petition to entering the final judgment, you will prepare anywhere between 10 – 20 documents (if not more) on average to get a divorce.

At A People’s Choice, we help residents complete California divorce forms in a professional, low-cost manner.  We have years of experience of successfully preparing divorce documents on our client’s behalf. Contact us in confidence to find out how we can help you. Read on to learn more about how to obtain California divorce forms.

Where to Get California Divorce Forms

There are several offline and online sources you can use to get California divorce forms. To locate forms offline, simply go to your local law library and ask the assistant for the forms you need. Most law libraries have a binder of up-to-date forms that can be copied for personal use. In addition, you can go to the local courthouse and speak with the Family Law Facilitator to obtain copies of the necessary divorce forms.

Online, you can visit the local courthouse website to download forms for your divorce. For example, here is a list of locally approved family law forms for the Superior Court of Los Angeles Family Law Division. You can also visit the California Courts website to obtain forms. Contact A People’s Choice for help and information to complete and properly file a divorce in California.

Free Sources for California Divorce Forms

As referenced above, there are several free sources for California divorce forms. If you go to the local law library, you will be required to pay a small fee to make copies of the forms. Your best option is to go to the local courthouse or a pro bono legal clinic to get a marital dissolution package for free.

Cons of Using Online Divorce Forms Software or Online Divorce Forms

There are several divorce forms software applications available to the public that can be accessed free or for a small price. For example, Rocket Lawyer, FindLaw, and Legalzoom all provide online divorce forms software for a fee. The downside of using these services is that you usually have to pay an ongoing fee to access any saved documents and you have to pay additional fees if you need a professional to help you complete the forms. This can costs you hundreds or thousands of dollars extra.

In addition to these service providers, using the state’s online divorce forms is not very practical in the long run. For instance, often an Income and Expense Declaration has to be filed with the court and served on the opposing party several times throughout the divorce. If you complete the form online, you will not be able to save a completed copy. This is because most of the fillable forms are unsavable.

At A People’s Choice, not only are our services affordable, we can prepare your forms in a reasonable amount of time. We will keep your forms for no additional fees.

Benefits of Using A Non-Attorney Professional for California Divorce Forms

Most divorces simply consist of completing thick packets of paperwork. Attorneys usually assign legal document preparation tasks to their paralegals at an exorbitant cost to the client. It is in your best interest to consider using a non-attorney professional to complete your California divorce forms. Doing so can save you hundreds if not thousands of dollars in legal fees. Most people are capable of representing themselves in court and most amicable California divorces can be completed without ever appearing in court. Contact A People’s Choice to find out how you can get legal document help at an affordable price for your California divorce. We offer several convenient interview processes, including in person, telephone and online for California divorce forms preparation.

Get help with your California legal documents today!

A People’s Choice can save you hundreds of dollars by preparing your legal documents instead of an expensive attorney!


We would love to know your thoughts on this article. Connect with us over on Google+ or Twitter