Once you have an assigned case number, either party can file a Request for Order to obtain a temporary spousal support order. California judges typically issue support orders based on California guidelines. A People’s Choice can run this guideline report to give you an idea of what a court may award in your particular case. On the other hand, you and your spouse can address this issue through mediation if you are unable to come to an agreement. Contact A People’s Choice for help resolving your spousal support dispute.