If you and your spouse agree on all the issues, there is really no reason they would have to file a formal Response to the Petition. The reason people file a Response is to protect their interests in the process and let the court know there is a dispute about marital issues. When a Response is filed, the party will need to pay a court filing fee (currently $435). If the parties know they will be signing a Marital Settlement Agreement or if there are no issues that need to be addressed (short-term marriage with no assets or debts to be divided and no children), then there is simply no reason for a Respondent to file a formal Response with the court.  However, if there is any question about the parties reaching an agreement, then a Respondent may want to file a Response to protect their interests so that a default cannot be taken against them.