California Financial Power of Attorney

Create your financial power of attorney today

This important document makes sure your personal affairs can be property handled without the delay and cost of court intervention.

The attorney-in-fact you appoint has the authority to do some or all of the following:

  • Use your assets to pay for your everyday expenses and for those of your family
  • Handle transactions with banks and other financial institutions
  • Buy, sell, maintain, pay taxes on and mortgage real estate and other property
  • File and pay your taxes
  • Manage your retirement accounts
  • Collect benefits from Social Security, Medicare or other government programs or civil or military service
  • Invest your money in stocks, bonds and mutual funds
  • Buy and sell insurance policies and annuities for you
  • Operate your small business
  • Claim or disclaim property you get from others
  • Make gifts of your assets to organizations and individuals of your choosing
  • Transfer property to an existing living trust
  • Hire someone to represent you in court
financial power attorney

Select a Service

Financial Power of Attorney


Documents for 1 person


Living Trust Package

starting at


Bundle and save up to $200.

Get your Living Trust, Pour-Over Will, Certificate of Trust, Healthcare Directive, and Financial Power of Attorney all for one low price.

Living Trust Estate Plan Package Includes

Living Trust

Specifies how your property will be managed before and after your death, as well as provides a plan for how those assets, and the income earned by the trust, are distributed after your death.

Pour-Over Will

Works in conjunction with your trust and ensures any remaining assets automatically transfer to a previously established trust upon death.

Financial POA

Appoints an agent who may run your business, and all your financial affairs, including but not limited to money management and bill paying — if you are incapacitated and unable to.

Healthcare Directive

Designates who may make health care decisions for you if you become incapacitated. Also directs whether life support is desired when terminally ill.

Certificate of Trust

Used by an acting trustee of a trust to prove to financial institutions or other third parties that they have authority to act on behalf of the trust.

mom daughter kitchen embrace

What makes our service unique?


Our simple online interview process can help you save thousands compared to hiring an expensive attorney to prepare your estate plan.

Expert Verification

Our estate plan service includes a custom review of your documents, making sure you didn’t overlook something.

Legal & Reliable

We use the same estate planning software that many California attorneys use, so you can be confident in your documents.


We provide exceptionally high quality legal document preparation services unsurpassed by any other company online, and we take pride in our long-term reputation.

How it works

Step 1

1. Complete our simple questionnaire

It’s convenient and risk free!

Step 2

2. Review and confirm services

Review your information and tell us how quickly you need your documents.

Step 3

3. Sign and purchase

Securely sign online and we’ll complete your documents.

Relax knowing you and your loved ones are protected

Our experts verify all financial power of attorney information during your personal interview

Common questions about financial power of attorney

Most people choose a competent family member or close friend, but depending on the complexity of your finances you might ask your lawyer, business partner, or banker to serve as attorney-in-fact.

If you really know and trust the person, it’s most likely a good option.

You can tailor your Durable Power of Attorney for finances to fit your needs by choosing which powers you grant and by placing certain conditions and restrictions upon the attorney-in-fact.

For example, you can give your attorney-in-fact authority over your real estate, with the express restriction that your house may not be sold.

The main reason to create a Durable Power of Attorney for finances is to avoid court proceedings if you become incapacitated.

If you don’t have a Durable Power of Attorney, your relatives or other loved ones will have to file formal court proceedings and ask a judge to name someone to manage your financial affairs.

These proceedings are commonly known as conservatorship proceedings. Depending upon where you live, the person appointed to manage your finances is called a conservator, guardian of the estate, committee or curator.

Need Help? Call Us!

Need help? We’re here for you!

Call us 800-747-2780

9:00 am-5:30 pm Mon-Fri