Legal Blog – Helping People Represent Themselves in Legal Matters

Welcome to our online legal blog! This blog is designed for people who: want to save money are not afraid of the legal system, and want to learn how to handle their legal matter without hiring an attorney. You will find our legal blog a great source of legal information and news. Several new articles [...]

How is Child Support Calculated in California?

Many couples going through divorce ask us "how is child support calculated in California?" In order to understand how child support is calculated in California, you must keep in focus that California requires both parents to be mutually responsible for the financial support of their child. A parent is obligated to provide financial support to [...]

By | September 13th, 2017|Family Law|0 Comments

Voluntary Relinquishment of Parental Rights and What it Means

Parents may voluntarily relinquish parental rights in California. Voluntary relinquishment of parental rights, however, can only be made under specific legal circumstances. Obviously parents choose to relinquish their parental rights for a variety of reasons including divorce, adoption, legal guardianship, or foster care. The voluntary relinquishment of parental rights must be granted in a court [...]

By | September 11th, 2017|Adoption, Family Law|0 Comments

How to File Probate in Stanislaus County

Would you like to file probate in Stanislaus County? This article provides helpful tips in doing so. Contact us for more information about how to file probate in Stanislaus County. Overview of Probate in Stanislaus CountyProbate courts oversee the legal transfer and the administration of property of minors, deceased, and physically or mentally disabled individuals. [...]

By | September 10th, 2017|Probate|0 Comments

File Probate in Tuolumne County

Do you need to file probate in Tuolumne County? Review our helpful tips below to get started. Fortunately, you do not have to hire an attorney to file probate in Tuolumne County. This article will explain how you can avoid paying high statutory attorney fees by using a legal document preparation service. First, be aware [...]

By | September 4th, 2017|Probate|0 Comments

File Probate in Santa Cruz County

Do you need to file probate in Santa Cruz County? A People’s Choice can help you fill out the forms you need to file for probate in Santa Cruz County. Despite common myths, you do not need to hire an attorney to probate an estate in California. To begin with, hiring a Santa Cruz probate [...]

By | September 3rd, 2017|Probate|0 Comments

How to Contest Default Judgment in Divorce

Are you looking to contest default judgment in divorce? You may have found yourself in this situation because you did not file a response to your divorce proceedings. If a default judgment in divorce has been entered against you, don't despair. You do have options. Why Was Default Judgment in Divorce Entered?When a California resident [...]

By | September 2nd, 2017|Family Law|0 Comments

Supervised Visitation Solutions in Family Court

There are many forms of visitation for non-custodial parents. When the safety and welfare of a child is in question, a court may order supervised visitation to a non-custodial parent. The court will order visitation to be supervised if a parent has a history of domestic violence or sexual abuse. Furthermore, if a child’s safety [...]

By | September 2nd, 2017|Family Law|0 Comments

Reasons to Establish Paternity

There are many reasons to establish paternity in California. Establishing paternity provides benefits to both parents and children. Having the father sign a Voluntary Declaration of Paternity is a fist step in establishing paternity in California. However, paternity must be established in California by court order to protect a father's rights. Once paternity has been [...]

By | September 2nd, 2017|Family Law, Paternity|0 Comments

Handling Estate Creditors and Probate Claims

One aspect of the California probate process is dealing with estate creditors and probate claims. First and foremost, California has specific laws on probate procedures including how estate creditors and probate claims are to be paid. The estate’s representative (executor or administrator) must notify all interested parties that the decedent has passed away so monetary [...]

By | September 2nd, 2017|Probate|0 Comments

Joint Child Custody Tips and Solutions

When exploring joint child custody solutions, there are many joint child custody options a couple can consider. First, California custody orders include both legal and physical custody. Legal custody refers to the decisions a parent makes about their child’s schooling, religious activities, and medical treatment. Physical custody refers to which parent the child resides with [...]

By | September 2nd, 2017|Family Law|0 Comments